Crafty Cultures Milk Kefir Starter Kit
Milk kefir grains are live, active cultures consisting of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. Adding the kefir grains to fresh milk yields a delicous probiotic drink in about 24 hours. This kit will guide you step-by-step in making deliciously healthy milk kefir in your very own kitchen in no time! Milk kefir can be enjoyed plain, flavored, or used in many recipes, like salad dressing, bread, and ice cream.
Milk Kefir Starter Kit Contents:
- Dehydrated milk kefir grains
- Small plastic strainer
- 1 x 1 litre Glass container
- 2 x Small cheese cloth squares for covering the bottle top
- 1 x Rubberband
- 1 x Plastic spoon
- 1 x Awesome instructions and recipe bookleT
This product contains no GMO ingredients.
BENEFITS OF KEFIR:
- More powerful Probiotic than Yoghurt (contain up to 61 strains of bacteria and yeasts)
- Has Anti Bacterial Properties
- Improve Bone Health & lower risk of Osteoporosis
- May protect against Cancer
- Low in Lactose
- May improve Allergies & Asthma
- Boost Immunity
- Heals Skin
Milk Kefir Grains Instructions and Troubleshooting:
- Instructions for using this culture are included.
- Having trouble making milk kefir? Contact us any time for culturing assistance.
- Our kefir grains are shipped dehydrated.
- Reusable culture; makes up to 1 litre of kefir with every batch – and will GROW!
- Cultures on the counter at 20°-30°C
- Suitable for use with cow or goat milk.
- May be used to culture coconut, soy, or rice milk once rehydrated in dairy milk; grains require regular refreshing in dairy milk.
- Nut and seed milks yield inconsistent results.
Contains dairy. Packaged in a facility that also manufactures products made with wheat, soy, eggs, nuts, and fish.
Why I Love This Product
Making milk kefir is easy, simple, and fruitful… when you have good kefir grains. I have been making milk kefir for our family for years and have sourced kefir grains both from Cultures for Health and from friends who had gotten them from a friend who had gotten them from a friend. The Cultures for Health milk kefir grains have worked wonderfully every time… as long as I took proper care of them. At one point I was unable to get my grains to multiply or grow in size, but soon discovered that our kitchen was much too cold for them to thrive. With some changes, the grains became active and began to multiply with fervor. If it weren’t for my own forgetfulness, I believe these grains could last a lifetime. Shannon, Cultures for Health Content Writer